What are the classifications of mobile shelves?
Mobile shelves are actually shelves that can be moved on tracks, which can improve the utilization of space. A group of shelves only needs one channel. In the same space, its storage capacity and efficiency are much higher than ordinary shelves. Now mobile shelves It is also very common in our work. Let’s take a look at the classification of mobile shelves!
Classification of mobile shelves
1. Mobile shelves can actually be divided into light and medium mobile shelves and heavy mobile shelves
(1) Light and medium-sized mobile racks are evolved from light and medium-sized laminate racks, also known as dense racks. They have high space utilization and only need to set a passageway of about 1 meter in the middle. It is divided into two types: manual and electric. The contact surface between each row is also equipped with a buffer, and the magnetic sealing strip is also provided with a dust-proof plate at the top and a rat-proof device at the bottom. There is also a safety limit in each row. The braking device and the anti-dumping device are equipped with locks on the side for overall locking. The transmission mechanism is processed by finishing, using precision bearings, the transmission is flexible and stable, and the spacing between the layers can be freely adjusted according to needs.
(2) Heavy-duty mobile racks are evolved from heavy-duty pallet racks, and every two rows of racks are placed on the base. There are also walking wheels on the base, which can run along the track, and there are also installed in its chassis. Motors and reducers, alarms, sensing devices, etc. The storage system of heavy-duty mobile racks only needs 1-2 channels, and its space utilization rate is extremely high. The heavy-duty mobile racks must be electric, and the goods are accessed by forklift trucks. Compared with ordinary shelves, it can increase the usage rate of the ground by about 80%.
2. Mobile shelves can be divided into open mobile shelves and closed mobile shelves
(1) The open-type mobile shelf, the transmission mechanism is set in the base of the shelf, and the operation panel is set at the end of the shelf, with a simple appearance and convenient operation. The front and rear of the shelf are equipped with safety line switches, and the entire shelf will stop immediately when an obstacle is encountered.
(2) Closed mobile shelves, when the goods do not need to be accessed, the shelves are all closed and locked after they are moved together. Rubber seals are installed at the interface of each shelf, also known as closed shelves.
Advantages of mobile shelves
1. The mobile rack allows the warehouse to save more floor area, and its ground utilization rate is in the range of 80%, which is suitable for the storage of less variety and less frequency;
2. The storage capacity is much larger than that of general fixed shelves, which will save more space;
3. The storage capacity per unit area can be increased to about 2 times of the pallet rack;
4. The use of mobile shelves can directly access each item without the restriction of first-out;
5. It is suitable for warehouses with higher cost per unit area, such as cold storage, explosion-proof warehouses, etc.;
6. No chain drive, more energy saving and more reliable structure;
7. The mobile rack can be either electric or manual, which is more flexible and convenient.
Disadvantages of mobile shelves
1. High construction cost and slow construction speed;
2. The track needs to be buried on the surface to facilitate the passage of the truck;
3. The difficulty factor of the design scheme is a bit large, and the manufacturing cost is slightly higher, there are many mechanical and electrical engineering equipment, and maintenance is required;
4. The mobile racks with rails need to destroy the existing ground, and the mobile racks without rails do not need to destroy the road surface, but the price is higher than that of the mobile racks with rails.
The above is the detailed information on the classification and advantages and disadvantages of mobile shelves organized by Xiaobian for you. Understanding the classification, advantages and disadvantages of mobile shelves can help you when buying shelves, so as to buy suitable products.
In general, mobile shelves improve space utilization and are more suitable for some larger places or places with more goods, which can improve work efficiency and be convenient and flexible.